Hungry? It doesn’t matter if you are just passing through or on vacation in Mexico City. An unmissable activity that you have to do is to taste and enjoy the gastronomy of “Chilangolandia” and what better way to have breakfast, dinner or lunch in one of the best restaurants in CDMX.
Tabla de contenidos
But Mexico City is very big, so which restaurant should I go to? We would be lying to you if we told you to go to this one or this one or this one or this one, because the CDMX has more than 500 restaurants, but what we can do is give you a recommendation of the best or at least the ones with the highest ratings about their quality, costs and services in the various food platforms such as Tripadvisor, Uber Etas and others. Let’s get to know them.
The best 6 restaurants in CDMX
Pujol, one of Enrique Olvera’s CDMX restaurants, considered one of the best for international haute cuisine that offers two tasting menu options: Maíz o Mar and Barra de Tacos. Among the suggestions of this restaurant you can find, yuzu Salpicón de cangrejo, black stuffed eggplant, avocado, tostada campechana, among others.
- Address: 133 Tennyson Street, in the Polanco neighborhood of Mexico City.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 1:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
- Prices: from $1,900 to $2,500 pesos per person.
Alejandra Flores and Jorge Vallejo, have dedicated themselves to gastronomic work in one of the best restaurants in CDMX, Quintonil. It offers a varied menu such as salt-cured cactus ceviche, chilacayotes in house mole, basil and tortilla tatemada, one of the signature dishes of the place.
- Address: Newton 55 Polanco, Mexico City 11560 Mexico.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 12:30 pm to 12:30 am.
- Prices: from $1,200 to $3,450 pesos per person.
Directed by chef Edgar Núñez, this is one of the CDMX restaurants oriented in vegetarian cuisine. Its ingredients are sourced from its own farm, and it offers an excellent menu such as fish a la vizcaína, asparagus in white sauce with cotija cheese, homemade burrata in green sauce, among others.
- Address: Blvd de la Luz 777 Col. Jardines del Pedregal, Del. Álvaro Obregón. 01900 Mexico City
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 1:30 pm to 11:00 pm – Sundays 1:30 pm 5:00 pm
- Prices: from $1,200 to $2,000 pesos per person
Chef Eduardo García favors seasonal products with his dishes at Maximo, one of the excellent restaurants in CDMX. For this reason, his menu is constantly changing and is nourished by fresh ingredients that the chef chooses himself, such as onion cooked in whey, pate de campagne, grilled octopus, among others.
- Address: Tonala 133, Colonia Roma, Mexico City 06700 Mexico.
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm – Saturday 10:00 am to 9:00 pm – Sunday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Prices: from $1,100 to $1,600 pesos per person
The magic behind this restaurant lies in the ingenuity of professional chef Elena Reygadas, making it one of the best restaurants in the country. For its varied menu, such as butter with chicatana ant and rye bread, corn tamale, etc.
- Address: 166 Colima Street between Orizaba and Cordoba, Mexico City 06700 Mexico.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 1:30 pm to 11:00 pm
- Prices: 275 to 700 pesos per person
La Docena Oyster Bar
Chef Tomás Bermúdez, pays homage to oysters with his different preparations at La Docena, one of the most renowned restaurants in CDMX, where the menu boasts a wide diversity for all tastes, such as the dozen live oysters, Prime Rib of Wagyu de Durango and live queen clam.
- Address: Calle Alvaro Obregón 31 Esquina Frontera, Colonia Roma, Mexico City 01290 Mexico.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Prices: 1,000 to 1,450 pesos per person.
As we can see, most of them have a cost that exceeds 1,000 MXN per person. But we can guarantee you that the quality of their service and cuisine will be worth every one of those cents. Which other restaurant do you think we have missed to list? We’ll read you in the comments. And don’t forget to follow our series of articles on traveling By.