You’ve probably heard a lot of bad things about the state of Nuevo Leon, such as cousins marrying cousins or that they think they are descendants of Europeans, but of course this is a much larger scale. But they are really just that, jokes and memes that have positioned this state as one of the places you have to visit in Mexico and of course, here at Traveling By we will tell you a little about it.
The name of Nuevo Reino de Leon (New Lion Kingdom) was consider from the Spanish in recollection of the ancient Reino Ibero de Leon (Iberian Lion kingdom) and after the Independence take its current name.
Due to its topography, its climate is very assorted, according to the region of the fact that is tried and the era of the year. However, it can be distinguished tempered it with rains in summer, the dry of steppe, the warm, the semi warm and the cold.
Has a temperature maximum average of 27.8Â° C and a minimal of 16.5Â°. The rains average is of June to September and the dominant winds those of east and north.
Nuevo León Cities
Nuevo Leon has several cities that you have to know and enjoy. enjoy its natural landscapes, as well as its activities, squares, centers, mountains, its hotels and much more that the northern state of Mexico has to offer. and here we will tell you a little about them.
Agualeguas is situated 73 km. from Monterrey City in the State of Nuevo Leon by the federal highway 54 in Mexico.
Agualelguas main attractions are:
- The Nuestra Señora de Agualeguas Temple, built in the XIX century
- Paseos de Nogalar, an area covered with trees with a magnificent Spa on the banks of the Sosa River
- The Agualeguas Dam where you can fish catfish and carp
Galeana is located 205 km. from Monterrey City in the State of Nuevo Leon by the federal highway 85 in Mexico.
In Galeana you can visit:
- The San Pedro Temple, built in the XVIII century
- The Cenote which is called El Pozo del Gavilan
- The Labraderes Lagoon, where you can hire boats for fishing
- The Puente de Dios (The God’s Bridge) a great natural arch
- The outstanding handicrafts are the Ixtle and Lechugilla fabrics, blankets and ponchos.
In Galeana the San Pablo Fair takes place in January (20-25)
Garza Garcia is located 18 km. from Monterrey City in the State of Nuevo Leon in the eastern part of the Sierra Madre Mountains in Mexico, where you can take a walk enjoins its wooded zone which has facilities for camping.
In Garza Garcia you can visit:
- The Mirador
- The ALFA Cultural Center which has one of the best planetarium in the world
- The Multiteatro with a Hemispheric screen
Linares is located 134 km. from Monterrey City in the State of Nuevo Leon by the federal highway 85 in Mexico.
Linares is the second most important city of the State of Nuevo Leon. Its principal attractions are:
- The San Felipe Cathedral, built in the XVIII century
- The Misericordia Temple, also built in the XVIII century
- The Municipal Palace (XIX century)
- The Linares Casino and the Pablo Salce Museum
- The Ojo de Agua natural park, where you can visit
- The San Ignacio Spring with thermal waters
- The Santa Rosa Canyon
Among its traditional festivities are:
- The La Villa Seca Fair, which is celebrated in August
- The Regional Fair, which is celebrated at the end of February and the beginning of March
Santa Catarina is located 16 km. from Monterrey City in the State of Nuevo Leon by the federal highway 40 in Mexico.
The Santa Catarina principal attractions are:
- The Huasteca Canyon
- The Huasteca National Park located in the Cumbres sector
Residents of Santa Caraina celebrate their principal festivity honoring the Virgen de San Juan de los Lagos in August.
Monterrey is the capital of the State of Nuevo Leon and is situated 957km. from Mexico City by the Federal Highways 57, 45 and 40 in Mexico. Monterrey is interesting because of its industrial activity.
Monterrey is known for producing:
- Food processing
El cerro de la Silla (the Hill of the saddle) is a mountain that looks like a horse saddle is a landmark that symbolizes the State of Nuevo Leon.
Remember that this small text is only an introduction to everything you can find in the state of Nuevo Leon and we are sure that as you travel through it, you will discover the unparalleled beauty of this state of Mexico. See you soon.