The “Parque de Las Palapas” (Palapas Park) in Cancun is one of the most popular and emblematic places in downtown Cancun. It is a recreational area where bars, dances, restaurants, food places, cultural shows and nights in the pure Mexican style will not be missing at any time and you have to know it.
The Palapas Park (Parque de las Palapas) is one of the most popular and emblematic places in downtown. It is a recreational area where bars, dances, restaurants, food places, cultural shows and nights in the pure Mexican style will not be missing at any time and you have to know it.
Parque de Las Palapas Cancun
Visiting the Palapas Park in Cancun is one of the essential activities in the city and of course totally free, because it is a very busy esplanade that is surrounded by several Mexican food restaurants, bars, food stalls and parks.
But that’s not all, because the atmosphere is so homey that on weekends, hundreds of locals and visitors staying in nearby hotels are attracted by the shows and cultural events that take place there.
Where is Las Palapas Park located?
Las Palapas Park is located in downtown Cancun, in front of the government palace and less than 100 meters from the ADO terminal. In fact, it can be said that Palapas Park is the “heart” of downtown, where locals spend their lazy afternoons on weekends and where tourists mingle with Cancun’s crazy nightlife.
What can I do at the Parque de las Palapas?
Palapas Park has multiple activities to do for both children and adults. But in spite of this, if you really want to enjoy the more than 50 things to do here, it is best to visit on a weekend.
Weekends are when the place is most “active”, so all the activity operators are active and among the list we have the following.
- Visit the Cristo Rey church
- Enjoy a night show in the esplanade.
- Enjoy Mexican gastronomy in one of the nearby restaurants.
- Ride the mechanical bull
- Meet and dance Cuban salsa in the painter’s park.
- Meet and dance salsa in line at the bohemian park
- Play chess in the artisan’s park.
- Enjoy a delicious esquite
- Enjoy the fair.
- Eat a homemade ice cream
Tips for visiting Las Palapas Park
Las Palapas Park is centrally located, so it is very easy to get here, whether you are staying in the hotel zone or in the downtown area. But like any tourist place, one way to enjoy it is by following these tips:
- Go on Sundays: Sundays is when the park is operating at 100% capacity.
- Eat an esquite: If you still don’t know what esquites are or if you know them and want to try the best in town, you will find them here.
- Take dance classes: On Sundays the Painter’s Park and Bohemian Park are filled with Latin music, where you can take Cuban Salsa, Linear Salsa and Bachata dance classes.
- Eating at La Parrilla: La Parrilla is one of the 100% Mexican restaurants in the city, where the food and the taste of Mexico will be noticeable in every taste you give to its delicious tacos, pozoles, consomes, etc. Etc.
- Souvenir shopping: This place, has several artisan stores where you can buy some kind of souvenir.
- Enjoy a local bar: Want to get a taste of the local nightlife? Around the park you will find several bars, where you can even watch the park and enjoy a nice beer.
Without a doubt, Las Palapas Park has to be among the top things you have to visit in Cancun.